Effective and Updated November 1, 2014
- our 7by24 customers in the United States;
- visitors and users of www.7by24mobile.com, any other Wayfare website and any 7by24 mobile application (collectively, the “7by24 Websites”); and
- the 7by24 products and services on the 7by24 Websites.
- Information We Collect, How We Use It
- We collect and use information about you in the following ways. Personal information means information that we directly associate with a specific person, but does not include “de-identified,” “anonymous,” or “aggregate” information, which is not associated with a specific person.
- Information Collected When Communicating with Wayfare
When you communicate with us, we may collect the following personal information:
- your name, address, cell phone number, email address, birthdate, frequently called numbers, and other personal, phone or social network contact information;
- the reason for your contact;
- your Social Security Number;
- your 7by24 security code; and/or
- your payment information. We use this information to provide, confirm, change, bill, monitor, maintain and repair your 7by24 products and services. We also use this information to resolve any issues with your order, with our products and services, or with your account. Finally, we use this information to establish and maintain your 7by24 account, authenticate you, and contact you about products and services that we offer. When you contact us or we contact you, we may monitor or record that communication to help us train employees and provide high-quality customer service or for legal or regulatory purposes.
- Information Collected When You Use 7by24 Products and Services
We collect information about you when you use our 7by24 products, services, and the 7by24 Websites. This information includes:
- network traffic data and call records;
- websites visited and application and feature usage;
- product and device-specific information;
- mobile and device numbers; and/or
- information about your phone, system and application software.
- We use this information to facilitate, deliver and maintain products and services, customize data presented to you and to help you with service-related issues or questions. We may also use this information for other purposes such as: providing you with information about product or service enhancements, determining your eligibility for new products and services, and marketing to you based on your use of our products and services; managing and protecting our networks, services and users from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; and subject to consent practices described in this policy, helping us improve our services, developing new products, and offering promotions and other services. This type of information may be collected in a manner that does not personally identify you for business and marketing uses by us or by third parties.
- Information Provided to Us by Other Sources
When you purchase 7by24 products or services with us, we may obtain credit information about you from outside credit reporting agencies to help us with customer authentication and credit-related decisions.
Wayfare may also obtains information from outside companies that collect consumer information such as demographic data. We use this data to help us predict customer preferences and to direct marketing offers that might be more relevant to you.
We may also obtain contact information and other marketing lead information from third parties, and may combine it with information we have to contact you or direct Wayfare’s marketing offers to you. Website visitors and others may provide us with your email address or mobile phone number through “refer-a- friend” options or social networking platforms. We use these email addresses and mobile phone numbers to send promotional offers, free trials, 7by24 products and services for your use and Wayfare promotional marketing information, all in accordance with applicable law.
- Information Collected on 7by24 Websites
When you use and browse the 7by24 Websites, we collect information about your device and your visit, including:
- your browsing, searching and buying activity;
- your IP address;
- web addresses of the sites you come from and go to next; and/or
- information about your connection, including your device’s browser, operating system, platform type and Internet connection speed.
- In addition, when you use and browse the 7by24 Mobile Application, we collect the following information about you and your device:
- your mobile telephone or device number;
- device identification; and/or
- with your consent, certain data on your device including your contacts.
- We use this information for operational and performance measurement purposes including monitoring statistics such as how many people visit our websites, which pages people visit on our sites, how much time is spent on each page, or which browsers are used to visit our sites. We also may provide statistical “ratings” information (not personal information) to our website partners about how our members, collectively, use the 7by24 Websites. When you establish an online account with us, we maintain information about your user identification, security code and password. This information is used to identify you when you sign in to your account. The 7by24 Websites may certain web technologies such as “cookies” or “web beacons” that tell us how and when pages in our site are visited, and by how many people. These technologies do not collect personally identifiable information and we do not combine information collected through these technologies with other personally identifiable information. We may also use information collected from cookies or other similar technologies to improve our websites, make recommendations, and complete transactions you request.
This data is used by Wayfare to deliver customized content and advertising to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area. This content may be delivered on our websites, on non-Wayfare websites, on our mobile apps, by our representatives, via email, via SMS, via push notifications or via other Wayfare services. We use this information in order to, among other things, ensure that you see the correct product information, manage the frequency with which you see an advertisement, tailor advertisements to better match your interests, and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Information You Provide
When you contact us for information about 7by24 products, services or promotions, we may collect information from you such as:
- personal contact and billing information;
- email address or phone number;
- credit information; and/or
- other information you provide to us.
- When you open an Wayfare email or SMS message or click on links within these emails or text messages, we may collect and retain information to provide you with future communications that may be more interesting to you. Please note thatWayfare will not ask you to send us via email any sensitive personal or account information.
- How We Share Information
- We share your information in the following ways.
- Information Shared Within the Wayfare Mobile Family of Companies
Wayfare shares customer information within the Wayfare Mobile LLC family of companies (“Wayfare Family of Companies”) for operational purposes, our own marketing purposes and for general administration purposes. Sharing this information allows us to provide you with the latest information about the Wayfare Family of Companies’ products and services and to offer you our latest promotions.
- Information Shared Outside the Wayfare Family of Companies
Wayfare does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Wayfare does not publish directories of our customers’ wireless phone numbers, and we do not provide or make them available to third parties for listing in directories without prior customer consent.
Wayfare uses vendors and partners for a variety of business purposes such as to help us offer, provide, operate, repair and bill for products and services we deliver to you. We share information with those vendors and partners to the extent reasonably necessary for them to perform work on our behalf. For example, we may provide your credit card information and billing address to our payment processing company solely for the purpose of processing payment for a transaction you have requested. We request that these vendors and partners protect the customer information we may provide to them and limit their use of Wayfare customer data to the purposes for which it was provided.
Wayfare also may share certain de-identified information with third parties for marketing, advertising or other purposes, including the delivery of advertising campaigns and preparing and sharing aggregate business and marketing reports.
We may disclose information that individually identifies our customers or identifies customer devices in certain circumstances, such as:
- to comply with valid legal process including subpoenas, court orders or search warrants, and as otherwise authorized by law;
- in cases involving danger of death or serious physical injury to any person or other emergencies;
- to protect our rights or property, or the safety of our customers or employees;
- to protect against fraudulent, malicious, abusive, unauthorized or unlawful use of or subscription to our products and services and to protect our network, services, devices and users from such use; to advance or defend against complaints or legal claims in court, administrative proceedings and elsewhere;
- to credit bureaus or collection agencies for reporting purposes or to obtain payment for Wayfare- billed products and services; to a third-party that you have authorized to verify your account information;
- to outside auditors and regulators; or
- with your consent.
- Information Provided to or Used by Third-Party Advertising Entities or Social Networks
You may see third-party advertisements on the 7by24 Websites, products or services. Some advertisements are chosen by companies that place advertisements on behalf of other third-party advertisers. These companies, often called ad servers, may place and access cookies on your device to collect information about your visit on our websites. The information they collect from our sites is in a form that does not identify you personally. This information may be combined with similar data obtained from other websites to help advertisers better reach their targeted audiences. Targeting may be accomplished by tailoring advertising to interests that they infer from your browsing of our sites and your interaction with other websites where these ad servers also are present.
If you choose to interact with specific advertisers who advertise on the 7by24 Websites, the information you provide to them is subject to the conditions of their specific privacy policies. In addition, responding to or interacting with a particular advertisement, may result in you later receiving a targeted advertisement on our websites or on other sites as a result of an ad server or ad network concluding that you fit within a particular audience an advertiser is trying to reach.
The 7by24 Websites also include social network or other third-party plug-ins and widgets that may provide information to their associated social networks or third-parties about the Wayfare page you visit, even if you do not click on or otherwise interact with the plug-in or widget.
How to Limit the Sharing and Use of Your Information
You have choices about how Wayfare shares and uses your personal information.
- Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI)
There are additional protections that apply with regard to certain information we collect and maintain about the telecommunications services you buy from us and how you use them. This information is categorized by the Federal government as Customer Proprietary Network Information or CPNI. CPNI includes, for example, call details, call location information, and certain information about your rate plans and features. CPNI does not include your name, address, and phone number. Specific laws govern our sharing and use of CPNI.
You may choose whether to allow Wayfare to share your CPNI within the Wayfare Family of Companies for certain marketing purposes. This choice will remain in effect unless you change it. To opt-out of this sharing, email us at: email@example.com.
- Do Not Call Lists
Federal “Do Not Call” laws allow you to place residential wireline and wireless phone numbers on the National Do Not Call Registry to prevent telemarketing calls to those numbers. If you would like to add your numbers to this list, you may do so by calling 1-888-382-1222, or by visiting www.donotcall.gov.
You should be aware that even if you add your number(s) to the Federal or a state Do Not Call list, most telemarketing laws allow companies to contact their own customers. If at any time you would like to be removed from Wayfare’s telemarketing list, please let us know by emailing us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 30 days for your telephone number to be removed from any sales programs that are currently underway. Please note that we may still call you regarding your 7by24 account and services even if you remove your number from our telemarketing list.
- Opting Out of Email and Text Marketing Messages
Marketing emails you receive from Wayfare include an unsubscribe instruction usually found at the bottom of the email that you may use to opt out of receiving future marketing-related emails. Text and SMS message solicitations fromWayfare also contain an opt-out feature that you can use to prevent future marketing text and SMS messages from us. Your ability to manage some 7by24 products and services could be limited if you withdraw your consent to receive text and SMS messages. Wayfare does not recommend using those 7by24 products and services without authorization to receive such messages.
- Information Used for Online Advertising
You have choices about whether certain information is collected on the 7by24 Websites. You can limit the collection of certain website information by deleting or disabling cookies. Most computers’ Internet browsers enable you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please note that disabling cookies may prevent you from using specific features on our sites and other websites, such as ordering products or services and maintaining an online account.
Working Together to Help Keep Children Safe
Wayfare does not knowingly market to or collect information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining verifiable parental consent. If you allow a child to use your device or Wayfare services, you should be aware that their personal information could be collected as described in this policy. We encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children to ensure that no information is collected from a child without parental permission. The Wayfare network may not be used by customers in any manner for the storage, transmission or dissemination of images containing child pornography or any other illegal or inappropriate activity involving children and we will report any instances of such activity of which we become aware to the appropriate law enforcement authorities.
Wayfare has technical, administrative and physical safeguards in place to help protect against unauthorized access to, use or disclosure of customer information we collect or store, including Social Security Numbers.
Employees are trained on the importance of protecting privacy and on the proper access to, use and disclosure of customer information. Under our practices and policies, access to sensitive personally identifiable information is authorized only for those who have a business need for such access, and sensitive records are retained only as long as reasonably necessary for business or legal purposes. Wayfare secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Although we work hard to protect personal information that we collect and store, no program is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use or disclose personal information. Wayfare maintains security and incident response plans to handle incidents involving unauthorized access to private information we collect or store. If you become aware of a security issue, please contact us.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
We strive to keep our customer records as accurate as possible. You may correct or update your 7by24 customer information by calling an Wayfare customer service representative at 1-240-321-9920.
Links to and from non-Wayfare Websites and Content
7by24 Websites may contain links to non-Wayfare sites. In addition, 7by24 applications or other content may be included on web pages and web sites that are not associated with Wayfare. We have no control over these non-Wayfare sites and are not responsible for the content on these sites or platforms or the privacy policies and practices employed by these sites and platforms. We recommend that you review the policies and practices of the sites you visit.
Information Sharing: Social Networking
Some 7by24 websites, applications, and services may allow you to participate in blog discussions, message boards, chat rooms, and other forms of social networking and to post reviews. Please be aware that these forums are accessible to others. We urge you to not submit any personally identifiable information to these forums because any information you post can be read, collected, shared, or otherwise used by anyone who accesses the forum. Wayfare is not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these forums.
If you post content to information sharing forums, you are doing so by choice and you are providing consent to the disclosure of this information.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798 entitles California customers to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. As stated in this Policy, Wayfare will not sell or share your personal information outside theWayfare Family of Companies for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
Changes to This Policy
If Wayfare elects to use or disclose information that identifies you as an individual in a manner that is materially different from that stated in our policy at the time we collected that information from you, we will give you a choice regarding such use or disclosure by appropriate means, which may include use of an opt-out mechanism.
Copyright ©2014 Wayfare Mobile LLC. All Rights Reserved.